What is identity theft?
Identity theft is the fastest-growing crime in the United States, affecting 1 out of every 23 Americans annually. Identity theft refers to “all types of crime in which someone wrongfully obtains and uses another person’s personal data in some way that involves fraud or deception…” (U.S. Department of Justice)
How does identity theft affect me?
Victims of identity theft can experience problems with their credit, their finances, their employment, and even their personal assets. The time it takes to put your life back in order can take from 60-600 hours, plus the expense can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars.
Enroll now for Secure Identity System Plus!
Two things you should know concerning identity theft:
- Wyoming Bank & Trust is providing free ID theft resolution services to all eligible account holders.
- You can protect yourself and your family with a proactive identity monitoring program, decreasing your risk with our early detection alerts.
Exactly what am I getting when I enroll?
Wyoming Bank & Trust is providing all eligible accounts with free identity theft resolution services. Should you ever become a victim of identity theft, you can contact us and we will contact a Resolution Advocate at Secure Identity Systems. That advocate will then work to review your case, gather the necessary documents and send them overnight mail with clear instructions, along with a prepaid return envelope. Once signed documents are received, we will handle the process for you, keeping you updated of the progress.
Add even more protection!
Upgrade to our Secure Identity System program to receive total identity monitoring and be alerted when someone uses your identity. Also included is expense reimbursement insurance.*
Since credit monitoring alone will miss nearly three-fourths of the identity crimes committed, Secure Identity Systems continuously examines more than 1,000 databases that include information on credit, motor vehicle records, Social Security numbers, utilities and other public records. This comprehensive approach allows victims to be contacted much earlier in the process than credit-monitoring alone.
You will receive an initial assessment one week after you sign up and monthly reports thereafter. You will also receive expense reimbursement insurance. This covers the expenses you incur while working to restore your good name. This coverage is available for you as an individual, or you can also protect your entire family, a spouse or domestic partner, and up to four dependents.
Secure Identity Systems carries a policy that will reimburse victims for expenses incurred as a result of an identity theft incident that takes place or was first discovered while those victims were members eligible for coverage.
All of this is offered for:
- $7.95/month for individual coverage
- $13.95/month for family coverage
For more information on the prevention of identity theft, visit the Federal Trade Commission at www.FTC.gov and click on “consumer protection,” or call 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357).
* Identity theft insurance underwritten by subsidiaries or affiliates of Chartis Inc. The description herein is a summary and intended for informational purposes only and does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for terms, conditions, and exclusions of coverage. Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions.
Copyright © 2009 Wyoming Bank & Trust